Monday, January 21, 2008

North Scranton Homeboys Association

Hello.

I talked with Dr. Rapp last Friday about not pursuing my PhD. Despite how much I psyched myself out about his possible reactions, he turned out to be very supportive of my decision and glad that I am thinking about teaching physics in high schools. It's nice because he will be a very strong reference in my applications. I also rescinded my applications to the fellowship offers which is a bit of a pity but I hope someone more motivated receives them! I definitely feel better.

Tomorrow will be my first day of teaching this semester. I'm really excited and currently making up a quiz. It won't be too hard, I just want to be sure everyone understands basic vector manipulation. I hope I can be better organized about my classes this semester, especially since I now teach three sections instead of two. My class load is also the standard load, which is by no means light. I maybe should have taken an elective instead of a qualifier course, but I never feel like backing down from a challenge. Hopefully it goes well, though Quantum Mechanics II already seems a bit in-depth.

This past weekend was fun, filled with people I lurhv. I was a bit tired after Zach's party on Friday night, and that feeling lasted for the rest of the weekend and most of today. I'm starting to feel better. Hopefully some good rest will fix me right up so I can kick some ass tomorrow.

I should get back to that quiz. Take it easy!

Yours Truly.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.