Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Thoughts Are All You Dream Of

I've been feeling pretty well lately. Less stressed, less anxious. Collected. Eliminating caffeine from my intake has been a good thing (thanks Beau!). I haven't had dreams this vivid in probably over a year, which is terrible because dreams sort of rule. Did you know that dreams rule?

My interview to teach at charter schools in LA is in two weekends. I'm excited and pretty confident that it will be a good experience regardless of the outcome. I enjoy teaching and I enjoy talking to people, so it's hard for an interview like that to go wrong. A mid-semester trip to California is also not an unwelcome idea as a general notion, but I hope the weather can match the loveliness I've been surrounded with as of late.

Teaching is going pretty well this semester; I get to class on time, try my best, give my quizzes, and grade everything in my office as soon as I get back from class. Simple, smooth, fast. Oh dear, Oh dear.

This past weekend I went to my friends Zach and Tiffany's new house out in Spring, TX. They've been married for a while and they are both really cool folks. A bunch of us dudes helped him lay sod in his backyard, drank some beers, and played some sportz. It was rad. I didn't stay for dinner and instead went out to my friend Chattman's place for the night. I've been there a lot lately. We went to the Fiery Furnaces show and had a blast, ending up sitting in front of a Randall's at 3 in the morning eating a bunch of junk food. There were a lot of laughs. I'm glad he's doing better, it's always a pleasure to go visit.

Just passin' through.

Yours Truly.

1 comment:

Zach said...

I'm extremely excited about you taking this teaching prospect. I'm also extremely sad that I won't be able to see you whenever I want if you move out there. :bittersweet:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.