Friday, May 4, 2007

...and I'll be rappin' at your eulogy baby.

I've written a good amount of technical documentation in the past three weeks. Over 60 pages! Not to mention the time spent generating plots and figures. Not mad about it. However, it has seriously taken the wind out of any 'pleasure' writing I might like to do.

I've been feeling pretty creative lately, and that's probably just a result of using those creative muscles. It has been hard though to stay true to my chosen diet, and though I haven't committed many grave infractures I think I have betrayed the spirit and purpose more than a few times. Routine is the key to success in such situations.

Dr. Rapp and Dr. Yennello have agreed to pay me a substantial sum this summer for my services, and I am more than happy to oblige them. This money, along with graduation funds, could go a long way into making real some of the goals I've had over the past two years. I'm really excited about meeting the new group of REU students, not to mention starting my own brand new research project. I feel as if I learned a lot in my previous one, and now I'm ready to really crank a few results out. That's what I need: results.

It's strange that my undergraduate career is over, and with it a whole slew of eras in my life. I'm nostalgic, of course, but I also feel that I have improved my self in the meantime and more recently have been coming closer to being who I want to be. I know this is all very introspective but it's hard not to be during such intense transformational stages in your life. A part of me is learning that the most beneficial thing to do in order to improve your way in life is not to work so much on your self 'internally' but on your relationships with those important around you. Just be simple.




************************************************************************************
This is the inaugural "Song of the Weekend" section.

Click it, chump

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.