Monday, April 30, 2007

Goddamn Maintain

History Essay? Check.
Tech Writing Report? Check.
Awesome Motor Ataxia Due No Sleep? Double Check.


This weekend, on the night of that huge storm, Spencer Liechty went outside to smoke a cigarette at approximately 2am. He brought his laptop with him, and when it started to sprinkle he placed the laptop back inside. Upon his not so gentle handling of the glass door, it locked when stepped back onto the balcony. I'm asleep upstairs.

Back up a few hours.

We have regular beggars who swing by our apartment to bum various and sundry items: cigarettes, milk, use of my computer, legal advice (we're white so we must know). One of these guys, who goes by the name 'Maintain', had come over asking to bum a cigarette and use my laptop. I let him have the former, but I'm pretty fed up with the latter. It's not unheard for these guys to swing by at 1-2 AM in the morning, so when Spencer started knocking on the wood to wake me up, I was unimpressed. I was fed up with "goddamn Maintain" and put a pillow over my head to muffle the sound. I slept like a baby until around 430AM, at which point the incessant knocking in my dreams finally woke me for good. I sat around until I heard it again, ready to go downstairs and yell some shit.

Haha, sorry dude.

*ADDENDUM:

I forgot to mention that Spencer had to pee three times out there. He hung his "ding ding" over the rail.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.