Saturday, October 20, 2007

Operation G.Y.S.T. Pt. 2

So I've decided to quit smoking. Again.

That last time I "quit" smoking I ended up switching from American Spirits to Pall Malls, which is actually worse for your health. I'm not sure I can switch to anything worse than Pall Malls, except maybe Lucky Strikes or anything menthol. The psychology involved in quitting is really strange. I tore up and threw away a half pack of cigarettes this morning and it was actually difficult to do. There's something about knowing you don't have access to cigarettes that makes your brain start to freak out. I haven't smoked in maybe 4 hours but I'm definitely feeling it, a big ol' nic fit. Even as I write this my mind is playing with the idea that it's stupid to quit because I won't be able to concentrate on my take-home midterm tonight, that in all reality I told myself that I would quit tomorrow not today. Yikes! Smoking is pretty fucked.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.