Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The end of the semester is always rough, but this one especially so. Between the classes I had to take and my thesis, I have three full size reports (and my thesis) due by Monday and three nuclear physics assignments. Enough complaining though.

As many of you know, I've maintained a plant -- a "Texas Star" -- on my balcony for a year or so now and its story has been tragic. No matter how hard I tried to keep this fellow in good health he wasn't having it and I eventually gave up. Not only did he die on me, but before his demise he saw it fit to have the police called to investigate his ambiguous appearance. The policewoman who came-a-knockin' didn't believe that the plant was a Texas Star, and cleverly quipped that from her angle it looked like a Texas marijuana plant. Don't think me uncapable, but it wasn't the truth. Just recently his legacy in the form of four or five seedlings and a sprout off his main (dead) stalk have risen from the dead, prompting me to now call this plant Frampton because "Frampton Comes Alive".

1 comment:

Zach said...

yay frampton! <3

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.